WANT A CHANCE TO WIN $100.00?
LOVE TO WRITE? WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR ANTHOLOGY!
Currently accepting submissions for a lesbian anthology (title to be announced at a later date and published under forthcoming publishing company). Part of the proceeds will be donated to Whitman-Walker Health, a non-profit community-based health organization that pro…vides dependable, high-quality, comprehensive, and accessible health care to those infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
Actively seeking talented writers who can tell an exciting, dramatic, and unpredictable story. Authors can be previously unpublished or established, male or female. Sexual orientation is not relevant. This is an opportunity for new writers to get their name out and promote their work. For those established authors, it allows you a chance to build your community of readers even more while being a part of this good cause.
Stories must be between 15,000-20,000 words and adhere to the following format:
- Microsoft word document
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- 1-inch margins on all sides
Best submission will receive a cash reward of $100.00. In addition, the winner and all others chosen to be included in the anthology will receive five (5) copies of the printed book. Additional copies may be purchased at half the cover price.
Storylines must have a lesbian theme, such as coming out stories, bisexuality, erotica (tastefully written, not porn), identity crisis (labels-fem, butch, pillow princess, stud), same-sex domestic violence, non-fiction based on true-life experiences, etc. Deadline for submissions is March 31, 2012. If your story is accepted, you will receive a letter via email within two weeks after the submissions deadline.
• Email the complete manuscript, a full synopsis that takes the plot from beginning to end, and an author’s bio that includes your publishing history (if any), such as previous books and awards. These three things must be sent as separate Word attachments, but included in the same email.
• Include contact info, including email address and phone number.
• Include the words “LESBIAN ANTHOLOGY” along with the title of the story in the email’s subject line. (Ex. LESBIAN ANTHOLOGY – I Was Born This Way)
• Failure to follow the formatting and submission guidelines as stated above will result in your story being discarded without review.
Submissions should be sent to: Editordean@ucanmarkmyword.com